Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blogger vs Wordpress

The idea to start another blog came to me on 3rd March o9, on my birthday despite having a travel blog and a medical blog I still felt the need to share certain things which fell in neither categories. So I decided to start another one. I would call it a personal blog. When Shaleen saw me starting another one last night his instant reaction was- oh my god another one!

It took me all this while to form a picture in my mind regarding the shape it would take. I decided to use another platform than the Blogger for this. I have been curious about Word press for a long time now. Though I started with a wordpress blog I decided to revert to Blogger. My familarity with its platform is the main reason.

The differences between blogger and wordpress are

  1. Wordpress has 3 column blog templates as its templates in Dashboard. I had to really struggle so hard to convert my blogger ones to 3 column templates with the help of Ashwini Khare , I managed to do it only this March.
  2. Wordpress has an option for including music, in all posts which I could not find in Blogger. In the main template there is an option to put in an audio link.
  3. I just hope there is no limit to the capacity of the blog space at Wordpress. I just saw that I had used some part of the 3GB space allotted to me. i hope it is on a monthly basis. With blogger space is no problem at all
  4. A poll can be added very easily in wordpress I could see no such option in Blogger. There is may be a widget for it.
  5. I adore the add and arrange page elements feature of blogger too much. I think I'll stick to blogger
  6. Starting a blog is definitely much more easier in Blogger for a non geeky person than in Wordpress.
  7. Putting in google adsense is easier in a Blogger blog.


3 comments:

  1. Hey! I completely agree with you. I tried WordPress for like two weeks and figured out it had very limited options to offer to a person without their own domain. Cheers for Blogger!

    P.S. This is your third blog! Whoa! I find it so difficult to update just one regularly. Great work!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even I tried for Wordpress, i wanted to migrate my photoblog coz Wordpress gives best options for photoblogs...but the size limit and the complexity made me change my decision....hopefully blogspot evolves in future...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kadambari: thanks

    Megha: agree with you totally

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online